Hello and welcome to my first 2 recipes! My inspiration behind these recipes comes from two different sources. The pie is an inspiration from my aunt/Godmother, Dahria, who told me about a vegetarian Shepherds Pie she created! Well, I didn't want carb overload so I nixed the mashed potatoes out of the recipe!
My other inspiration comes from this post. I added my own twist to both recipes and was definitely in food heaven! Most of my recipes are meant for 1, since Mr. Sweets isn't around during the week. Although you'll see that there are plenty of leftovers anyway!
Roast Potatoes and Onions
Okay! Let's get started! You will need:
- Potatoes in any size and quantity you want
- Some extra-virgin olive oil because it is deeeelish!
- 1 cube of vegetable stock (optional-I realized it made the dish very salty)
- A baking dish
- A chopping board
- Hobnobs (cookies) to satisfy your hunger!! Okay, maybe keep this one out...I just love cookies.
- Boil some water in a saucepan
- Chop those potatoes! Be careful not to cut yourself, as Mr. Sweets always does!
- Add the chopped potatoes into the boiling water for 5 minutes
- Generously coat your baking dish with olive oil
- Peel and chop the onions, and ignore my mess!
- Add the potatoes and onions to the baking dish
- I needed more flavors, so I added breadcrumbs, garlic granules, and Italian herb seasoning!
- Crumble the vegetable stock cube over the potatoes. Like I said, I found that it added too much salt to the mixture so it's up to you if you want it in there!
Voila! I mixed it all together and stuck it in the oven at 200 C / 400 F for 40 minutes!
Vegetarian Puff Pastry Pie
Mmmm now this recipe is something I will be making more often!! I am so happy I have leftovers!
What you'll need:
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- Vegetables-any kind and quantity you want!
- Vegetarian Mince Meat-I used Quorn
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Garlic & Herbs Cream Cheese
- Onions-however many you want!
- Baking dish
- Chopping board
Chop your onions
- Boil the veggies
- Measure your puff pastry on your baking dish and cut it so there is some extra left hanging over the edge. If you mess up, just use a rolling pin to roll the pastry out to make it larger.
- Add olive oil to a frying pan and put on medium to low heat
- Add the onions, mince meat, and paprika
- Once the veggies are done boiling, add them to the pan along with a generous dollop of cream cheese
- Pour in as much Worcestershire sauce as you want to get the flavor you like!
- Mix so the cream cheese and sauce coat the meat and veggies
- Cover your baking dish with the puff pastry
- Brush the top of the pastry with egg wash-just beat 1 egg into a bowl as if you're making scrambled eggs! This will turn the top of your pie golden and beautiful!
|Stick it in the oven along along with your roast potatoes for about 20 minutes, or until golden and puffed up!|
Look outside your window to see if two pigeons are cuddling and kissing :)
Okay, so I'm not good at presentation, but it all goes down my tummy regardless! Mmmm this was one of the best meals I've ever had. I hope that if you make this, you enjoy it as much as I did and will for lunch tomorrow!!