I wasn't going to post this recipe because I made it quickly since I was really hungry. It was one of those recipes that I kept thinking about at night when I couldn't sleep because it seemed so interesting yet so simple! And guess what...I haven't been able to stop saying "I love you" to it because it is THAT amazing!!!
I don't have my usual steps, just the final product, but don't you worry! It is super easy!
Okay, so it's not proper pesto, but it looked like it so I decided to call it that!
You will need:
- 1/2 inch slices of eggplant/aubergine with the skin peeled off
- Chopped onions
- Minced garlic
- Olive oil
- After you've peeled the skin off of the eggplant, chop it in quarters and fry it up with olive oil
- Add the garlic in with the eggplant when it is almost done so you keep the full flavor of the garlic and don't burn it too much
- Put the eggplant/aubergine and garlic in a blender
- Fry the onions, once done, add to the blender
- Chop up the spinach and add it to the blender
- Add some salt and olive oil in the blender and blend until it's mixed together
Now, what I did with this awesome Pesto was I cut circles into a puff pastry sheet, added a teaspoon of the pesto on one half of the circle, then folded the other half over and pinched the sides. Bake for about 15-20 minutes on 350 F / 180 C.
This is what it will look like!
I didn't have enough puff pastry to make more of these delicious treats, so I had to make some pasta and use it the Eggplant/Aubergine Pesto as sauce!
Here is the final product with the tortellini!
Can I just admit that when I ate all of the pasta, I dipped my fingers in the bowl to lick the rest of it out? Embarrassing? Naaaah, not when it's THIS good!!!